Ever since around the month of March, Anna has been so attached to her "bubba." She received it from her uncle for Christmas and it honestly has become a part of her. She has it everywhere she goes. I remember about a month ago I put her down for a nap and about five minutes later she just started screaming, and so I went into her room and found her "bubba" on the floor. It definitely becomes a stressful moment when we forget to bring it with us even going to the grocery store. Well these past couple of weeks it has become very clear that she loves that thing to pieces! The poor arms were just hanging on by threads! I was afraid to wash it because I thought that would be very disturbing not only for her but for me to take it out of the dryer and find no arms. Well I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a new baby and apparently they don't sell them anymore. I was tempted to buy it off ebay for $30, but then my mom called me the other day and had some astonishingly good news. She was at Smith's Marketplace and she just decided to go look down the toy aisle to see if they had one. Well she went down the aisle and saw no doll. She decided to look again and she saw a doll that was called "Baby's First Bear", which is just like Anna's bubba, but a bear. Anyway my mom looked through the bears and at the very back she found a new BUBBA! It was a miracle! That was the only one they had. So Sunday we made the switch by putting the old bubba in the diaper bag and pulled the new one out. To my surprise she didn't even notice. I couldn't believe she didn't even notice that the arms were attached and still had cotton in them. No threads hanging anywhere! Sorry this is a long story but definitely a significant event for our fam!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! I LOVE the picture of Anna at the top! SOOO adorable! Hope things are going well for you guys! We miss you in the ward!
okay....i keep meaning to comment on your blog, and im finally getting around to it. congrats on the pregnancy! i bet youre totally excited! i wish i was at that stage in my life...alas, one day. anyway...i hope everything is going well for you! anna is a doll and i love the updates!
Post a Comment