So if you didn't know by now, I was on the Live with Regis and Kelly daily talk show on October 6th, 2008. It all started out a few weeks ago. I came home from work and Tal was all excited to see me(which she normally is) but this time she told me how there was a dance contest she thought I could win. After showing me the website and some of the other contestants I deemed it a worthy effort. We filmed the dance in our living room, and after about 30 minutes and aggravating our neighbors downstairs, we finished up and uploaded my dance to the Regis and Kelly website. The next few days was full of what ifs and knocking on wood. We forgot about it until the show called me on September 30th saying they were going to ask me the daily trivia question, which is always based on the previous day's show. Since we hadn't watched it we spent the hour before the phone call from Regis studying up on the guests from the day before show. Luckily we found a clip of a Brooke Shields interview on someone's my space where she said Mary Tyler Moore plays her mom on Lip Stick Jungle. That was the question I was asked and we won some money. We thought that would be the end of it, but the next day we realized my video was selected to be one of the 10 semi-finalists. Thanks to all who voted because I was chosen to be a finalist. The show flew us into New York on the 5th and picked us up from the airport and everything. New York was very cool and we want to go back. The next morning they drove me to the show. The next 2 hours were very stressful, being with the other dancers, but they were nervous too. I was very nervous right before I started dancing, something about having millions of eyes on me. Once the music started, I went right into the routine my sister in law helped me out with, which went well until I lost track of it about 20 seconds into it. I was glad when it was over, just to have it done with. The best parts about the whole experience was that I got to meet Regis and Kelly( a dream since I was little) and eat New York cheese cake, and take a fun trip with my wonderful wife who got the whole thing started by wanting to go on a trip in the first place. Oh yeah, winning a
5 year supply of Quaker Oatmeal is a perk also... Anna will be eating it her first day of Kindergarten.

4 comments:
No way! 5 years of oatmeal? Thanks for letting us know about it; we emailed everyone we know to vote for you.
WOw! Congrats, that is so awesome!! I would like to see the dance.
We had so much fun watching! Maybe you could do a recap of the dance in our living room?
i just discovered your blog. this is awesome!
Post a Comment