This post should have been up probably a couple of months ago. However I just recently got the pictures uploaded on my computer and thought I would share a recent joyous occasion. At the end of April I graduated from BYU in elementary education. To celebrate, my parents took my family and I out to breakfast at IHOP (the wait was horrendous, but I must say...delicious waffles), thanks Mom and Dad! After Kyle and I got home, I took a long nap not worrying about one day of planning for school. At about 4ish Kyle pulled out a huge suitcase. I didn't have a clue what was going on. He put the suitcase in the car and we headed off to the Cheesecake Factory (now one of my favs). Now we had planned on going to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate, so I knew about that. After eating a mouth watering meal, we headed up the canyon towards Park City. The whole time I was trying to figure out where in the world we were off to. Well we came to Park City and pulled up to this building called Washington School Inn. I still was oblivious as to what we were doing because when we got in the building, there was a bunch of ladies dressed up like they were living in the 1920's. We got up to the check in table and the employee told us that there was a play going on that night on the main level (the level where Kyle booked a room) and that she was going to bump us up to the suite!! I couldn't believe it! Right when we got to the room, our front door said "Mrs. Thatcher." Each room was named after a teacher that used to work at this hotel (it was an elementary school back in the olden days). Our room was incredible, as you can see from the pics below. Anyway I thought Kyle was pretty clever by having us stay at an elementary school to celebrate that I graduated in elementary education. I definitely don't think that I am that creative! That night we walked around Park City and went to many art galleries. It was a lot of fun. The next day we did a little shopping at the outlets and unfortunately came home to real life...bummer!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Graduation Celebration!
This post should have been up probably a couple of months ago. However I just recently got the pictures uploaded on my computer and thought I would share a recent joyous occasion. At the end of April I graduated from BYU in elementary education. To celebrate, my parents took my family and I out to breakfast at IHOP (the wait was horrendous, but I must say...delicious waffles), thanks Mom and Dad! After Kyle and I got home, I took a long nap not worrying about one day of planning for school. At about 4ish Kyle pulled out a huge suitcase. I didn't have a clue what was going on. He put the suitcase in the car and we headed off to the Cheesecake Factory (now one of my favs). Now we had planned on going to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate, so I knew about that. After eating a mouth watering meal, we headed up the canyon towards Park City. The whole time I was trying to figure out where in the world we were off to. Well we came to Park City and pulled up to this building called Washington School Inn. I still was oblivious as to what we were doing because when we got in the building, there was a bunch of ladies dressed up like they were living in the 1920's. We got up to the check in table and the employee told us that there was a play going on that night on the main level (the level where Kyle booked a room) and that she was going to bump us up to the suite!! I couldn't believe it! Right when we got to the room, our front door said "Mrs. Thatcher." Each room was named after a teacher that used to work at this hotel (it was an elementary school back in the olden days). Our room was incredible, as you can see from the pics below. Anyway I thought Kyle was pretty clever by having us stay at an elementary school to celebrate that I graduated in elementary education. I definitely don't think that I am that creative! That night we walked around Park City and went to many art galleries. It was a lot of fun. The next day we did a little shopping at the outlets and unfortunately came home to real life...bummer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It happened a while ago but since you just posted...Congratulations Tal! Sounds like you guys are doing great. You're a great guy Kyle and I've always been so happy that Natalia found someone like you. Natalia's not too bad herself. Hope everything goes well with the baby and I'll be in town soon to kick your butts in the game of your choice. - Gerry -
YEAH!! Way to go Natalia. I am so jealous of you being done! Maybe one day...I will try that...maybe! :) I bet you are so happy to be done!! And now on to motherhood! Kyle way to go on the surprise! You are so thoughtful. That place looks super nice! Glad you had a good celebration...you deserved it Natalia! Can't wait to see you guys!....and that little baby girl! AHHH!
oh by the way that last post was from Becca!
Post a Comment