Thursday, April 3, 2014
The Missing Blue Blanket
I figured down the road, Kyle and I would want to never forget the CrAzY day we had when Tate lost his blue blanket. Our next door neighbor gave Tate a little blue mink blanket when he was born because her daughter used to sell them (onto that part of the story shortly). So I didn't notice it missing until nap time one day, and that was when all the madness started. I don't think I realized how attached Tate became to that blanket, because he would not take a nap that day...at all! So not only was I searching all day for this blue blanket, but I was searching with a very tired and fussy baby. Kyle came home early that day and did a thorough search. I headed off to YW's that night and was hoping that miraculously Kyle found it. I got home and no blanket. Tate was so exhausted, but would still not go to sleep. We then decided to go over to our neighbor's to see if she had any extra of those blankets. Well she didn't have a blue one, she had two very pink girly ones. She gave us both of them, and since we had nothing to lose, we decided to try it out. I did have my doubts because of the color. Well as we were feeding a bottle to Tate to put him down for the night, we turned off the lights so he wouldn't see the color, he would just feel the fabric and the weight of the blanket, and by golly he held that blanket and put it up to his cheek like he did with the other blue blanket! It was such a relief. I still was a little skeptical the for the following morning to see if he would take it, since the night before he didn't see the color. Well I was wrong, he became instantly attached to the blanket, just like the one before. It was a miracle! I wanted to document this story because it was seriously one of the hardest days of my life. I felt completely hopeless, but after praying a lot and lot and lot that day, our prayers were answered. They weren't answered the way Kyle and I thought they would be, but they were answered. Now just looking at Tate's hot pink blanket makes us laugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment