Saturday, November 20, 2010
A Weakness of Mine
Next week I am super excited for all the food I can handle. What I am really looking forward to is eating lots and lots of pie. I am not a huge pumpkin pie lover, however I love the crust!!! Growing up whenever my mom would make a pie, I would always sneak in the kitchen and pick off the crust. I know that sounds gross, but it is SO good! In fact I recall a specific time where my mom made a pie for someone in our ward because they were sick or something, and she left the pie on the counter top for a couple of hours to cool. Bad mistake! I went to town on that pie. When my mom saw her crustless pie...I definitely got into trouble. So from then on, when my mom would make a pie, she would help me make my own mini pie which consisted of no filling...just the crust. I know I am weird but does anyone else have this problem?? Since making a pie takes quite a bit of time, I now get my crust fix daily from Anna's pop-tart. She gives me the crust on the outside of the pop-tart. She's a peach! Don't get me wrong, I love all the food on Thanksgiving, I just know I will have to stay out of the kitchen if my Mom's pies are just sitting on the countertop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha!! I totally agree!!! You crack me up and I love that Anna shares her pop tart crusts with you!! I still can't believe she's that big. Whenever I think of you guys, I think ward mission meetings when you were pregnant! That was forever ago!
I love eating pie crust too! My dad would always take the extra scraps of dough that were too much for the crust and bake them on a cookie sheet with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on them. Sooo good!!!
Post a Comment