Onto another topic, Claire has had an interesting week. Ever since she has been born she has always had gas problems. Well Sunday night she started being colicky around 7:00. So I stopped nursing her to see if that would help. We put her on this colic formula starting Monday and the same thing happened at 7:00 that night. Well it also happened Tuesday and Wednesday night. For those of you that don't really know what colic is, one word...screaming! It's past a cry. It really breaks your heart because there is not a whole lot you can do. It's like they have these cramps in their abdomen, and they can't do anything about it. I guess it just has to taper off by itself. Well yesterday thankfully, my pediatrician had an opening and I was able to take Claire in. Well once the doctor came in I completely broke down. It has been so hard on me and Kyle, and I just told her everything. She then told me that her third child was colicky and in order for him to calm down, she would leave the water running for like two hours each night because that was the only thing that would work. She said that you just have to find one thing that works and do it. In the meantime she told me to try soy formula and prescribed Claire some medicine that may help her stomach cramps. Well last night we tried the formula and the medicine and it worked! Now it definitely could change tonight. However so far today she has been a happy little camper. It is so good to see her smile and laugh again. I will have to keep you posted on her progress. I never thought that I would have a colicky baby. But I feel like that this has definitely helped us to be more patient.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Fun Filled Week
This past week and half has been pretty eventful here. First off, Kyle's parents came last Thursday to visit. Friday morning Kyle graduated! I am so proud of him and all that he does for our family. It is so nice for him to be done...hallelujah! On Sunday Claire was blessed. We were so lucky to have a lot of family come up for that. It was a wonderful day. We are so grateful for all the help we were given for the luncheon and for all those that came. On Monday we went to the zoo with Grandma and Grandpa Gardner. Anna loved it! I think her favorite thing there was the carousel ride. She rode it three times. It was a lot of fun. After the zoo, Kyle's parents treated us to our favorite...Red Iguana. On Wednesday we went to the Aquarium in Sandy. The aquarium definitely exceeded my expectations. It was really neat. Anna was able to touch a few sting rays. She accidentally put her face in the water....oops. Kyle's parents left yesterday and we miss them already. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Gardner for coming to visit and for all you do for us. We love you!
Onto another topic, Claire has had an interesting week. Ever since she has been born she has always had gas problems. Well Sunday night she started being colicky around 7:00. So I stopped nursing her to see if that would help. We put her on this colic formula starting Monday and the same thing happened at 7:00 that night. Well it also happened Tuesday and Wednesday night. For those of you that don't really know what colic is, one word...screaming! It's past a cry. It really breaks your heart because there is not a whole lot you can do. It's like they have these cramps in their abdomen, and they can't do anything about it. I guess it just has to taper off by itself. Well yesterday thankfully, my pediatrician had an opening and I was able to take Claire in. Well once the doctor came in I completely broke down. It has been so hard on me and Kyle, and I just told her everything. She then told me that her third child was colicky and in order for him to calm down, she would leave the water running for like two hours each night because that was the only thing that would work. She said that you just have to find one thing that works and do it. In the meantime she told me to try soy formula and prescribed Claire some medicine that may help her stomach cramps. Well last night we tried the formula and the medicine and it worked! Now it definitely could change tonight. However so far today she has been a happy little camper. It is so good to see her smile and laugh again. I will have to keep you posted on her progress. I never thought that I would have a colicky baby. But I feel like that this has definitely helped us to be more patient.





Onto another topic, Claire has had an interesting week. Ever since she has been born she has always had gas problems. Well Sunday night she started being colicky around 7:00. So I stopped nursing her to see if that would help. We put her on this colic formula starting Monday and the same thing happened at 7:00 that night. Well it also happened Tuesday and Wednesday night. For those of you that don't really know what colic is, one word...screaming! It's past a cry. It really breaks your heart because there is not a whole lot you can do. It's like they have these cramps in their abdomen, and they can't do anything about it. I guess it just has to taper off by itself. Well yesterday thankfully, my pediatrician had an opening and I was able to take Claire in. Well once the doctor came in I completely broke down. It has been so hard on me and Kyle, and I just told her everything. She then told me that her third child was colicky and in order for him to calm down, she would leave the water running for like two hours each night because that was the only thing that would work. She said that you just have to find one thing that works and do it. In the meantime she told me to try soy formula and prescribed Claire some medicine that may help her stomach cramps. Well last night we tried the formula and the medicine and it worked! Now it definitely could change tonight. However so far today she has been a happy little camper. It is so good to see her smile and laugh again. I will have to keep you posted on her progress. I never thought that I would have a colicky baby. But I feel like that this has definitely helped us to be more patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yay for graduating!! I'm sorry to hear about Claire's colic- I hope it continues to get better! I was so grateful when Caden started growing out of his reflux
Sad day about Claire. I'm sure that it is no fun to have a screaming baby. Congrats to Kyle on graduating!!! Did you ever find out where you will be moving to and when?? We MIGHT (and that's a big might) be coming to Utah on memorial day weekend because a friend of mine is having a reception somewhere in Utah and we want to stop off and see BYU campus. I hope you are still there so I can see you guys!! Love ya!
Congrats to Kyle for graduating! I'm sorry to hear about Claire, that must be really difficult to handle. Hopefully things will get better for her soon.
You guys have a beautiful family!
Wahoo! My hubby is nearing that point too (it takes forever!). That's so heartbreaking about Claire - what a blessing to find something that works for her and you. I'm sure chldren were meant to come into our lives to help us be more patient. I can hardly wait!
Hey tal, Colic sucks. If you ever need a sympathetic ear, give me a call. jack had it and it was awful. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck. take care of you! it's the best thing you can do for your kids! love you.
oh and congrats to my brother.
so cool about kyle being done. congratulations to you all. how much longer will you be in utah?
btw - this is robbie h
Post a Comment