Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Introducing...


Tate Riley Gardner
Born: November 30
Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz

Our little man made an early arrival Friday morning and we are just so in love with him! Starting Thursday evening I started feeling quite a bit of discomfort and contracting frequently. So we decided to head to the hospital around midnight and unfortunately I was only dilated to a 2. They had us stay for an hour to see if I would dilate anymore and also to do some blood work. An hour had passed and I was still a 2. However for the past few weeks my blood pressure had been pretty high, and that night the blood work came back saying that I had preeclampsia. So with that news they were going to induce me right away. About 7 hours later little Tate arrived. This definitely was the hardest labor I have gone through due to the fact of having to be on magnesium for my preeclampsia (that medicine made me feel like I got hit by a train!) Also my epidural wearing off when I was dilated to a 7. The anesthesiologist came in to give me more medicine for my epidural, but sadly it didn't work because I went from a 7 to a 10 in less than 5 minutes, and the medicine hadn't kicked in yet. All I could say about that experience was pain...lots and lots of pain, oh and lots of tears! In the end of course it was all worth it. Tate is such a sweet little baby and we are all in love with him and his little wimper of a cry.









  

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, hooray! Congratulations! You just keep having babies--they are all so cute!

Chelsa Dimond said...

Congratulations! Such a cute baby! I've heard that Magnesium can be so awful! Glad everything turned out good in the end!

Kaylie said...

Congrats! What a handsome baby! And so fun to add a boy to the mix with those cute girls of yours. Hope all is going well with your new bundle of joy :)

Hayley said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats on your little man!

jrkaman said...

Tal! I'm so HAPPY FOR YOU! Congrats to your family. The girls are so big now! Glad you are all doing well! :)

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I know I'm super late, but he is adorable and I'm glad I could help pick out his name... ;-)