Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Power of One...

TEAR!
Yesterday I was on my way to my mom's house to drop off the girls so Kyle and I could go out. In order to get to my parents house we have to travel up a mountain, and to have our car be able to actually get up the mountain, speeding a tad is involved. Well I reached the tippy top and was just about a block away from my mom's house when all of the sudden I see flashing lights from a policeman behind me! I pulled over right away and scrambled to find my license. Only I couldn't find it because I didn't know where it was at the time! I then started to hyperventilate. I knew I was going to get it big time. As the policeman approached my window I was expecting, "License and registration please?" Thankfully those words were not the first to come out of his mouth. Instead he asked me, "Are you okay mam?" I told him that I was so sorry over and over and I then started to shed a tear or two. He asked me what I was up to and I just told him I was on my way to my mom's to drop my girls off to be babysat. He next asked me if I was going to the hospital. I told him no and then asked why. He explained to me that I was going 23 over and I ran a stop sign. I then reiterrated how sorry I was and how excited I was to be able to go out with my husband. Thankfully as I said that, I heard the policeman chuckle. I knew that chuckle was a good thing. The best part of this story is the end...he let me go without asking for my license!!!! I could not believe it. He probably thought I was the biggest looney/blonde he has ever encountered. Regardless of what he thought of me, as he was going back to his car, I informed him that he was my hero. I have definitely learned a few lessons from this experience:

1. Obey the law.
2. A tear really can help.
3. That tear can only help if you can make the police officer laugh.

I feel like the luckiest girl because if I had a recieved a ticket, not only would that have been a whopper, but Kyle and I probably wouldn't be able to go out to eat for the next 3-4 months!

2 comments:

jrkaman said...

Holy Moly Tal! That is crazy. You have got to be the luckiest girl in the world! I'm glad it ended well!! :)

Cori and Colin said...

That awesome Natalia! I've tried that before and I've gotten no sympathy at all, so I'm glad it worked for you!